This week is National Health IT Week, a time to recognize the benefits information technology brings to the U.S. health care system. As a long-standing health IT provider, Telligen’s expertise lies in the development of user-friendly applications that support federal quality reporting, value-based purchasing, and data management initiatives.
Our history of government health IT collaboration dates back to 1972, when we began as the Medicare Professional Standards Review Organization for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid. We later became one of the largest non-government data repositories, managing over four billion claim records for Medicare beneficiaries. Today, we support 24 national programs that help Medicare deliver quality while lowering costs. Here’s a timeline of Telligen’s notable health IT innovations.
45-Years of Federal HIT Solutions
- 1997: Developed the Standard Data Processing System, the first IT platform connection QIOs nationwide
- 2000: Built the Quality Improvement & Evaluation System, a series of applications collecting nationwide quality data
- 2004: Developed the Inpatient Prospective Payment System, the first nationwide system for reporting inpatient quality measures, and the initial Chronic Condition Warehouse supporting research on chronic conditions
- 2007: Developed the first nationwide system for reporting outpatient measures, the Outpatient Prospective Payment System
- 2008: Coordinated implementation for the Physician Quality Reporting System, the first nationwide provider pay-for-performance system
- 2012: Designed the Comprehensive Primary Care web application, serving as point-of-contact for CMS, providers, & contractors
- 2013: Designed the Measure Authoring Tool, a web-based application for producing electronic quality measure specifications
- 2014: Provide Innovation Center Development & IT Management across nationwide CMMI initiatives
- 2016: Deliver program design and subject-matter expertise for Comprehensive Primary Care Plus, a scaled-up version of the original CPC initiative
- 2017: Provide MIPS Program Support Services to nationwide clinicians transitioning to the Quality Payment Program